SSC CGL 2019-20: SSC CGL notification 2019 will release soon. All students are eagerly waiting for SSC CGL 2019 Notification. Staff Selection Commission will announce SSC CGL notification in the month of October 2019 (tentatively). SSC conducts SSC CGL exam every year for recruitment of the candidates for various government posts. It is conducted to fill Group “B” and Group “C” posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The examination will be conducted in 4 tiers commonly known as tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 and tier 4. The student will be able to fill SSC CGL online form 2019 from 31st October to 28th November 2019. SSC CGL hall ticket 2019 will release just after completion of the application process. Read the complete article for more information SSC CGL 2019.
- 1 SSC CGL 2019 Important Details
- 2 SSC CGL Important Dates for 2019 – 20 Session
- 3 SSC CGL 2019 Recruitment Notification
- 4 SSC CGL Application Form 2019
- 5 SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria for 2019 – 20 exam
- 6 SSC CGL 2019 Admit Card
- 7 SSC CGL 2019 Vacancy
- 8 SSC CGL 2019 Syllabus
- 9 SSC CGL 2019 Exam Pattern
- 10 SSC CGL 2019 Answer Key
- 11 SSC CGL Cut off 2019
- 12 SSC CGL Result 2019
- 13 SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips
- 14 Important Books For SSC CGL 2019 -20
SSC CGL 2019 Important Details
The Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC CGL examination every year. It is conducted for the appointment of the candidates in Grade B and Grade C category posts at various government ministries, departments, and offices. SSC CGL is conducted in 4 stages called tiers. The first two tiers will be conducted online and the next two will be offline exams. You can check the below-mentioned table for more details regarding SSC CGL 2019-20.
Combined Graduate Level
Staff Selection Commission
Mode of Exam
Medium of Exam
English and Hindi
Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university
SSC CGL Important Dates for 2019 – 20 Session
The candidates who will appear in SSC CGL 2019 exam should know all important dates. It will keep them updated about every event and helps them in their preparation. You can check all dates (official and tentatives) in the below-mentioned tables.
|SSC CGL application form release date||31st October 2019|
|Last date to fill SSC CGL Application Form||28th November 2019|
|SSC CGL hall ticket 2019 for tier 1||Available Soon|
|SSC CGL Examination Dates 2019 (tier 1 )||Available Soon|
|Result Date for tier 1||Available Soon|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 hall ticket 2019||Available Soon|
|SSC CGL 2019 tier 2 examination dates||Available Soon|
|Tier 2 result||Available Soon|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam||Yet not to be notified|
|SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam||Yet not to be notified|
SSC CGL 2019 Recruitment Notification
SSC will soon release SSC CGL notification 2019 at the official website. The notification will release in the form of pdf. We will provide direct download link of “SSC CGL Notification 2019 pdf” here on this page. You can directly download notification through our website just after release.
SSC CGL Application Form 2019
The SSC CGL recruitment application form releases every year so that the interested candidates can apply online for the exam. Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC CGL 2019 online form from 31st October. After the application process, the conducting authorities will release the SSC CGL 2019 hall ticket and call the eligible students to participate in the exam. Here we are providing some simple steps for aspirants to give them an idea about ” How to fill SSC CGL Application Form”.
- First, go to the official website- ssc.nic.in.
- Register yourself by providing mobile no, name, email id, etc.
- After registration go to the login portal.
- Enter application number and password.
- You will be redirected to a new page of SSC CGL 2019 application form.
- Enter all the details asked in the application form as per certificates.
- Check all details carefully before submitting the application form.
- Pay the application form fees
- Take a print out of SSC CGL application form 2019 for confirmation purpose.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria for 2019 – 20 exam
A student must know eligibility criteria before filling application form whether he/she is eligible or not. Here you can check eligibility criteria in the below-mentioned points.
Age Limit – SSC CGL 2019 age limit varies from post to post.
Post-Wise Age limit Criteria
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog. Implementation||Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
Age Limit for SSC CGL 2019-20
|Age Limit||Date of Birth|
|18-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|20-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|20-30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|32 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1986 and not later than 01.August.2000|
Educational Qualifications for SSC CGL Exam 2019
- Candidate should have a graduate degree on or before 1 January 2020.
- Aspirants who are in the final year can also apply with the help of provisional degree.
- For the post of Junior Statistical Officer: A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from a recognized University/ Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics in class 12th or a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- For various other posts: Aspirant must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized University.
SSC CGL 2019 Admit Card
Staff Selection Commission will release SSC CGL Tier 1 admit card just after completion of application form process. Admit card is the only identity of the candidate through which he/she will get an entry in the examination hall. SSC CGL hall ticket for tier 2 examination will be issued to only those candidate who qualifies SSC CGL Tier 1 exam. The admit card will be issued online. SSC CGL Admit card for any tier will not be sent particularly to any candidate via mail or any other medium. You have to download it by visiting the official website of SSC.
SSC CGL 2019 Vacancy
Staff Selection Commission usually declares the number of SSC CGL vacancies one month before the announcement of the final result. In 2019-2020 the number of vacancies for various posts under SSC CGL 2019 recruitment will be around 10000 (expected). We will update all SSC CGL 2019 vacancies according to the post here on this page just after the declaration.
SSC CGL 2019 Syllabus
The first step towards the preparation of any exam is to know the syllabus. Here we are providing you syllabus details of SSC CGL Exam 2019-20. It will guide the candidates in their preparation.
Syllabus for Tier I
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Number series, non-verbal series, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, decision making, etc.
- General Awareness: Questions relating to Environment, India and its neighboring countries, Indian History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Simplification, Percentage, Averages, Interest, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Profit and Loss, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, etc.
- English Comprehension: Topics to test candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his/ her basic comprehension and writing ability, Grammar, etc.
- General Studies (Finance & Economics): Demand and Supply, Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting, Production, and cost, Indian Economy, etc.
Syllabus for Tier II
- Quantitative Ability: Simplification, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Square roots, Averages, Interest, etc.
- English Language & Comprehension: Synonyms, antonyms, fill in the blanks, spelling/ detecting misspelled words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, etc.
- Statistics: Probability Theory, Statistical Inference, Central Tendency, Dispersion, Sampling Theory, etc.
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern gives an idea to the candidate about the exam. You can check SSC CGL exam pattern 2019 in the following table.
Tier I Exam Pattern
It will be a computer-based exam. The student will be awarded +2 marks for every correct answer and 0.5 will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
Tier II Exam Pattern
SSC CGL 2019 Tier 2 will also conduct in online mode. There will be 4 Papers and it is mandatory for the aspirants to appear in Paper-I & II. Paper-III will be for candidates who want to apply for JSO post. Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer. For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|Paper||Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|Paper-I||Quantitative Ability||100||200||2 hrs|
|Paper-II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 hrs|
|Paper-IV||General Studies (Finance and Economic)||100||200||2 hrs|
Tier III Exam Pattern
Tier 3 will be a pen and paper based exam where subjective questions on essay writing/precise writing/letter writing/application writing will be asked. It will carry 100 Marks.
Tier IV Exam Pattern
Skill-based exam for reserved posts. This post for the Tax Assistance (Central Excise and Income Tax), DEST exam through SSC to check the candidates typing speed. The time duration will be 15 Minutes and the paragraph length will be 2000 words.
SSC CGL 2019 Answer Key
After done with examination, Staff Selection Commission will soon release SSC CGL answer key. The provisional answer key will available on many websites just after the exam. With the help of answer key, you can calculate your marks secured in the exam. If any student has doubt in the official answer key then there is also an option for the challenge. You can challenge the authorities by providing proof.
SSC CGL Cut off 2019
Cut off is the minimum marks required by the candidate to qualify the exam. It depends on various factors like difficulty level of the exam, no of applicants, exam pattern, etc. SSC CGL 2019 cut off for tier 1 will release at their official website after the examination. Student can check it by entering application number and password. Only those will eligible for tier 2 examination who qualify tier 1 exam.
SSC CGL Result 2019
The result of SSC CGL will be announced as per tier wise. Only those candidate who clears SSC CGL tier 1 cut off will be eligible for next tiers. The final result includes marks of tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 exam. SSC CGL 2019 result will declare in the form of Merit list. It will be declared at the official website of SSC. You can check it by providing roll number, date of birth or password.
SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips
Work on your weak areas – You have to devote more time to your weaker areas and subject. Each subject has equal important importance and carries equal marks. Don’t skip any topic from the syllabus.
Time Table – Make a proper time table before starting your SSC CGL preparation and strictly follow that. Don’t jump on preparation directly. Divide your time equally for all the subjects.
- Revision is the key to success for this exam.
- Enjoy during the preparation.
- Go through all the previous year papers.
- Be regular at coaching.
- Clear all the basic concepts first.
- Stay positive and confident.
Important Books For SSC CGL 2019 -20
Here we are providing a list of books which will guide the student in their preparation. Let’s have a look at all important books.
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S Aggarwal|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publication|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K Pandey)|
|Manorama Year Book 2020 for GK||–|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||–|
|Objective General English||S.P Bakshi|
|English Grammar||Wren & Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy|